Qublock powder discharge system ball valves are used for in polymer powder handling application suitable for high speed and high frequency service such as polyethylene, polypropylene and other powder discharge systems. Qublock PDS ball valves have been designed and operated up to 2 million cycles and more with delivering high reliable performance to the plant site.
|Rating Class 150 ~ 600, JIS10K ~ 63K
|1 - 24” (25A – 600A) and above
|up to 800 deg-c (1,470 ℉)
|Rate API598, Tight Shut Off, Class VI
|Code API608, ASME B16.5 ASME B16.34, ASME B16.10, MSS- SP-72, ISO5211, ISO5272, API 6D
- Extremely High Cycle Design and High Speed Operation
Qublock offers perfect solutions for PDS application where high frequency and high speed are required. The PDS ball valve has been designed to last 2 million cycles and more even in the extremely high cycling operation. As a licensor recommended vendor, Qublock fully meet the PDS requirements such as every 3 seconds operation with less than 1 second stroke time. This technical design is enabled to plant availability and great advantage to the plant operator.
The high speed operation with frequent cycling can be caused to the valve damage to the stem and seat. Qublock PDS valves can be designed to maintain tight shut off performance for a long time and provide special designed bearing to avoid wear resistant material in the stem bearings. The keen scraping seat removes adhesive media whenever the valve is cycled. It prevents residue from building up on the ball surface for long life time.
- Fugitive Emission Design
- Increasing the plant safety level is considered as one of the most important issues for plant management to eliminate the possibility of fugitive emission and satisfy the application requirements. Qublock can provide a few packing options in order to achieve a low emission level in accordance with ISO-15848. Other packing options can be applied if specific packing options are required.
- Powder Proof Design
- The powder proof design is completely prevent the polymer from penetrating around the seat and seizing the valve. This design is protected from the powder by means of wiping the seat surfaces with every cycle. Qublock PDS valves is particularly suitable for polymerization service to maintain smooth operation.
- Bi-directional Sealing
Qublock PDS valves offer bidirectional sealing which has been designed to withstand severe polymer processing. By using with soft seated and metal seated design, Qublock can provide tight shut off performance and leads to intrinsic safety which in turn increases the stability of the process valves.
Unidirectional sealing is available as optional request.
- Shut off to ANSI/FCI 70-2 Class VI
- Metal seated Qublock PDS valves provide tight shut off sealing performance to leakage rate of ANSI/FC70-2 uClass VI. This is the result of trustable engineering data and excellent operation process.